State Treasurer Don Stenberg cares about you and your privacy while visiting this site. Please read the
following statements regarding what information we gather while you utilize our site and how that information
is kept. Please never hesitate to contact our office if you have questions regarding your privacy on this web
What we do:
- We do receive, and in some instances keep, email addresses related to unclaimed property, the
Nebraska College Savings Plan, general state government questions and problems with the web site. We
will store your email address only as long as it takes for us to answer your query, unless we feel we
need to contact you at a later date (e.g. we will store your email address for purposes of contacting
you regarding the Nebraska College Savings Plan).
- We do periodically review our web server logs and produce reports that give us the number of visits
a page receives over a certain period of time. We do this to gage the response each page is receiving and
to evaluate changes we may make.
What we don't do:
- We do not permanently store "cookies" on your computer from any page under www.treasurer.org
- We absolutely will not sell, rent or give away email addresses or other personal information
received electronically to any business, person or other state agency unless directed to by a court order.
- We do not routinely check what pages you are specifically visiting or which searches you are
making on our site. Tracking will only be done for statistical purposes.
- We do not intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 18. If information
has been sent by a minor and his/her parents wish to have that information purged, please contact our office
and we will be happy to do so.
State Treasurer Don Stenberg is here to serve you and he hopes that this web site proves useful to you. If you have
any questions, please email us.