Nebraska 529 Husker Harvest Days Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Participation: Eligibility to win the Prize in the form of Nebraska Educational Savings Plan Trust (“Plan”) contribution is open only to individual, legal residents of Nebraska who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Prize is sponsored by The Nebraska Educational Savings Trust (NEST), Room 2005, State Capitol PO Box 94788, Lincoln, NE 68509-4788 (“Sponsor”). Employees of the Nebraska State Treasurer, the Nebraska Educational Savings Plan Trust, the Nebraska Investment Council, First National Bank of Omaha, Upromise Investments, Inc., and any other FINRA member, and each of their respective parents, related, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, agents, and representatives (“collectively including Sponsor, the “Releasees”) and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless where they live) and individuals living in the same households of the above, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is not a recommendation to invest in the Plan.
- To Enter: An entrant may enter the Sweepstakes beginning with the opening of Husker Harvest Days in Grand Island, Nebraska on September 10, 2013 at 8:00am central time, until the closing of Husker Harvest Days on September 12, 2013 at 4:00pm central time (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter print your name, address, telephone number, and email (optional) on the form provided by the Sponsor and return to Sponsor at Husker Harvest Days during the Sweepstakes Period (each an “Eligible Entry”).
Limit: One entry per person.
- Selection of Winners: Prior to September 19, 2013 Sponsor will, by random drawing, select one (1) winner from all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period (“Winner”). Entrant does not need to be present to win. The Winner will be announced on September 19, 2013.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend upon the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prizes: The Winner shall receive Five Hundred Twenty Nine Dollars ($529) in the form of a contribution to a Nebraska 529 NEST Account for the benefit of the Winner’s Beneficiary (the “Prize”).
The Plan offers a series of investment portfolios within the Plan. The Plan is intended to operate as a qualified tuition program to be used only to save for qualified higher education expenses, pursuant to section 529 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. More information on Plan options and Plan disclosure statements, which should be read carefully, may be found on the Sponsor’s website at www.treasurer.org/cs.
- Prize Restrictions: For the Prize, the Plan will establish the account for the Winner’s Beneficiary. All management of the account will be vested in the Winner. Access to the account shall be limited to the Winner who will administer the account for the benefit of the Winner’s Beneficiary. Any disbursement of funds shall only be used for tuition and fees associated with qualified higher education expenses (other than room and board) at an eligible educational institution. If the Winner does not have an account, one will be established for the Winner. Once an account is established, no change in Winner is allowed and no transfer of account funds is permitted. Disbursement from the account must be made before the Winner’s Beneficiary reaches 30 years of age. All accounts held in the Plan for the Winner’s Beneficiary, including the account established under the Sweepstakes will be aggregated for purposes of the Plan’s Maximum Account Balance Limit. Participation in the Plan does not guarantee that contributions and the investment return on contributions, if any, will be adequate to cover tuition and other higher education expenses, or that a Winner’s Beneficiary will be admitted to or permitted to continue to attend an eligible educational institution. Except for the Bank Savings Individual Investment Option, investments in the Plan are not guaranteed or insured by the FDIC or any other government agency and are not deposits or other obligations of any depository institution. Investments are not guaranteed or insured by the State of Nebraska, the Nebraska State Treasurer, the Nebraska Investment Council or First National Bank of Omaha or its authorized agents or their affiliates, and are subject to investment risks, including loss of the principal amount invested. FDIC insurance is provided for the Bank Savings Individual Investment Option up to the maximum amount set by federal law, currently $250,000. Information collected from the Winner will be maintained by the Releasees in accordance with applicable federal and state consumer privacy laws, rules, and regulations.
- Winner Notification: The Winner will be notified via telephone or United States mail. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by the Sponsors. An entrant is not a winner unless, and until, the entrant’s eligibility has been verified and the entrant has been notified that verification is complete. The Winner will need to sign a form acknowledging the Sweepstakes Official Rules and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release. The Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner (selected from among remaining Eligible Entries) if (i) the winner is not compliant with the Official Rules; (ii) the Prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable; or (iii) three good faith attempts to contact the winner are unsuccessful. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be made. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of Prizes among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Sweepstakes claims.
- Release: Each entrant agrees, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify Releasees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the Prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury, or losses sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of a Prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, or by winning, entrants grant to Sponsor the right to publicize the entrant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and certain biographical information in all manner and media, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising, trade and promotion purposes, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), without additional compensation, and without opportunity for review. Parents/guardians will be required to sign a release.
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to, or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed or illegible entries; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, failure to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason, including computer, telephone, paper transfer, or human or other error. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (i) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and, in no event, shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsors reserve the right to modify Prize award procedures. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction, and venue shall be solely within the State of Nebraska.
- List of Winners: For a copy of the list of the Winners, visit www.treasurer.org or send your request to: The Nebraska Educational Savings Trust (NEST), Room 2005, State Capitol PO Box 94788, Lincoln, NE 68509-4788.